The Power of word No.

I have came across millions of billions of words in my life but I have never seen a word more powerful than NO. It is simply a rejection, a warning, a stop statement, a gesture telling that you do not agree, it is a whole universe in itself.  It is a shield against exploitation and at the same time it is the instrument of integrity. I am of a firm belief that a woman's strength lies in this word.

No has two faces:

NO usually has two faces the first type of No is the one which we say to ourselves and the other one that create boundaries and limits between ourselves and others. The moment you say NO to yourself you stop yourself from self destruction. No i do not deserve this. This is the moment you realize your worth and tell the other that stay in your limits. You tell them that no you can not do this to me but for this you need to tell yourself that "No". This can not happen to me. The moment of self realization takes place with a single NO.

You guys might be thinking that Why am I writing all this. I would say that I came across an incident today. My house help comes to my home beaten up by her husband almost every day. Every year she bears his baby and yet being beaten up while she is expecting. Today she came home and told me that today I have stopped his raising hand by telling him No.She said that I told him that enough is enough. No more. I asked her why after so many years you have taken this step now only. She told me that today I asked myself that Do I deserve this. My inner soul replied No I do not deserve this so today I fought him back and told him to stay away.

My point of sharing this with all of you is that all the women who are in an abusive relationship tell yourself that NO I DO NOT DESERVE THIS. Tell yourself that I DESERVE TO BE HAPPY. Tell your abuser that NO YOU WOULD NOT ACCEPT THIS.Say NO. No is not only an expression of negativity but it is something very powerful. It brings you strength. Say No to everything you fell uncomfortable about. Say it loud as loud as you can so that the other may know that a NO MEANS NO.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is There a Problem???

Growing up with Pakistani Moms!!

Stop being so judgmental!