What it is to be free!

Hello to all the people who are reading this. Some of the events in my life has shown me the value of being free. Having a free will to do anything is a blessing indeed. Life may be difficult for some of us but yet if you can make your own decisions and people are their to support you in those decisions of yours, you are most probably the luckiest person on this planet. Now some people would be thinking well everyone is having a free will nowadays what is she talking about. So let me tell you when I was young I used to pray a lot which is quite unusual for a six or seven years old. What I used to pray for was intelligence and freedom.

What Freedom looked like to me:

Years before when I thought of freedom. I always had a thought in my mind that one day I would not have to ask for permissions to go anywhere, I could dress the way I want to. I will buy a house right next to a beach. A house with big windows which would allow the sunlight to fall into it. A dream house with all the luxuries. Freedom to me was having a lot of money so that I could buy anything I ever wanted. I used to think money can buy you anything well in some cases it can. Basically I just wanted to be alone. I used to take freedom as a circumstance.

But what it is truly to be free:

You know what freedom is basically bigger than power. You can use power to control everything but freedom is all about what you can unleash. Being free is actually to be your truest self. A person is only free when he decides to be himself. No money can buy you freedom. You and only you can enjoy this freedom in yourself. You are only meant to make yourself happy. You are not a liability on yourself. Once you actually start being yourself that is the time when world becomes a free place to live in.

Freedom is anything you choose yourself comfortable in. I have seen so much people committing suicide who were really wealthy and could buy any damn thing in this world yet they were depressed and decided to take their lives because money could not buy them happiness and freedom from what they were depressed about. Break the shells around you and once you will accept the way you are,it would not matter to you what people say about you because Kuch to log kahein ge logon ka kaam hai kehna(People would say one thing or the other as they are fond on nagging others.).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is There a Problem???

Growing up with Pakistani Moms!!

Stop being so judgmental!