What does our parents think of us?

Before writing this let me make this clear that it is only my perspective. I am not imposing my thoughts on you. So if you agree that is good if you do not agree that is also okay. Try and listen to what others want to say. So in that way we can understand each other in a better way.
My parents both mom and dad see me complete differently. My dad sees me ten years ahead that I am having a damn fun in life and my life is too happening in our language it is like MAZA KAR RAHI HAI YEH TO LIFE ME.(She is enjoying her life completely). As far as mom is concerned she sees me ten years back like in our language AJ BHI BAAL BRUSH NI KIYE NA TUM NE APNE, NIGHT SUIT ME PHIR RAHI HO GI, NAHA LO BETA.(Today also you have not brushed your hair, you must be wandering in night suit, take a shower). I never understand that why do they think that we can not handle things on our own. Some of the things I am sick of hearing are.

TUM NE BACHELORS KAR K KONSA TEER MAAR LIYA HAI JO AB MASTERS KRNA HAI(What have you achieved after doing bachelors that you want to do masters now)?

I don't understand that what does actually a "teer" means. I mean it is not enough that I have completed my degree on time it is not an achievement for them. Just because my dad does not allow me to do masters my mom always try covering him by saying what are you going to do after masters. I just wanna say it is my life and just because you people think that I have not got any achievement in my life I am not going to settle for less. With no offense I love my parents but it is okay to have an opinion every girl with an opinion is not a bitch. Neither she is wrong. I have a strong opinion about everything if according to some people this makes me a bad daughter than I do not want to make my self clear. I think parents also ought to give some respect to their kids. Respect is something you should give to every one. By saying all such things that "tum ne konsa teer maar liya hai" is never going to bring me and my opinions down.

"SHAADI K BAAD HI LRKI KI REAL LIFE START HOTI HAI"(Real life of a girl starts after getting married).

This is something I completely do not agree with. If real life starts after marriage what about the life I have been leading now is it reel life?? I don't understand why does every conversation has to end on getting married. Marriage is an important part of life I don't deny that but again its just a part. Secondly why does parents think that they are always going to take a good decision about your partner. No parents do not always make a good decision they sometimes take a worst decision too. It is not always possible to look up to their decision.I sometimes think that it is my life and i have a complete right take decisions about it but does that make me a bad daughter? I guess yes in the society I live in, a girl with an opinion is a bad daughter. I guess living with a title of a bad daughter is far better than living a life you never wanted and than getting so frustrated in that life.Frustration leads to a depression and it good to be titled as bad daughter than to be depressed in life.

TUM LOGON KO TO LIFE ME KOI PROBLEM AYI HI NI KABI HAM NE ANEY HI NI DI(You people have never had any problems in life we never let a problem to get towards you).

Now how can anyone say that you never had any problem. I would say you never focused on the problems I had. It is not necessary that i would be having same problems as you had. My problems are different. I would say our frequency never matched. Everyone has a problem in his or her life. The problem is that our parents never consider our problem a problem. They are always indifferent towards our problems. I guess they themselves have got so frustrated while making us grow up that in all that procedures they never tend to understand that every child is different from the other and every child has different problems than the other.

In the end I would say that it is not that I don't love my parents , its not that I don't respect them, i always do listen to them but sometimes some things do not strike right in your head. To me decisions like marriage, studying further or not are completely self oriented. I will not let anyone take these decisions for me. No matter whatever happens I will keep having opinion , I will stay determined about my opinion. Although some people would think that I am not an ideal daughter, Although this time would be tougher but after so many Althoughs. I still know that some day thinks will get settle and I want them to get settled as I want them to because I don't want a life where I stay blaming my parents for anything. Yeah it is difficult to convince them but still not impossible. The best part is that they only want you to be happy but they are always putting an effort in a wrong direction. Never let your parents down by doing anything that should not be done. Communication is the best key to resolve an issue. Try talking to your parents calmly and I assure you that you will find a way out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is There a Problem???

Stop being so judgmental!

Growing up with Pakistani Moms!!